Monday, January 10, 2011

No Pain No Gain

As the alarm clock went off, I dragged myself out of bed for my morning workout. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light I put on my workout clothes...I took a look in the mirror and was not pleased with what I saw. My workout pants which also doubled as my painting pants had paint stains, and my oversize tee-shirt was not any better. This made me think of my piece on Do We Make the Clothes Or Do the Clothes Make Us http://lotusblossomdesign.blogspot.com/2010/11/do-we-make-clothes-or-do-clothes-make.html
I don't know where or when I stopped paying attention to my workout outfits. As vain as that statement may sound; I find that the same theory from my previous post applies here. It is a combination of our attitude and our clothes. Getting up early for workouts or even the energy and motivation at the end of day is difficult enough but I was reminded that putting an extra two minutes into my appearance does make a difference. Now don't get me wrong, for those who know me, you know I don't feel the need to put on a fashion show at the gym, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't take pride in my look. I find matching, and wearing something stylish yet highly functional helps to keep me motivated. I find myself not worrying or fidgeting over what I am wearing and focusing more on my workouts. I even try to be conscience of this when I workout at home or go for a run. I use to think that just because I was home or running outside who cares what I wear...but trust me, it does make a difference.
Now, you don't need to break the bank looking good while you sweat, I find good deals at Target, or for name brands, Marshalls or TJ Maxx are always a hit. I try to find tops and pants that I can mix match. This winter I am loving the different shades of green to brighten me up.

Whether your at the gym, in the yoga studio, or breaking a sweat at home do it with style and confidence!

With Love From the East Coast,
XO

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo