Monday, October 10, 2011

How to Love

Last week my friend and I were riding in her car when Lil' Wayne's "How to Love" came on. We both stammered at the same time..."I like this song." We laughed then immediately became quiet as we listened to the lyrics- both reflecting in silence.
When you was just a young-en and your looks were so precious
But now you're grown up
So fly it's like a blessing but you can't have a man look at you for five seconds
Without you being insecure
You never credit yourself, so when you got older
It's seems like you came back ten times over

Each time I hear the song I think about all our great followers, and how I want to tell you to stay strong and keep rocking it. I also think about all the times I have stupidly picked myself apart or compared myself to others, when truly, there is no comparison, because we are all unique in our own ways. We all come from diverse backgrounds, and we each bring our own beauty to the table. This may be our smarts, our talents, our compassion, our quirks & foibles, our features, our fashion sense, our bravery, our fearless nature, etc. As we start a new week...

See I just want you to know
That you deserve the best
You're beautiful
You're beautiful

With Love From the West Coast,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo