Monday, June 27, 2011

White Shorts

Last weekend my brother-in-law and future sister-in-law arrived at our house for a night of fun and dancing. I was still in my bathrobe trying to straighten my hair. Even though I tried to visualize my wardrobe while I was in the shower, I had no clue what to wear! I started to feel frazzled as I searched through my closet. Since I had just gotten a spray tan (a must try and instant makeover), I wanted to wear skirts or dressy shorts.

After a few minutes, I walked into the living room in an older pair of dressy shorts. My husband made a face and said, "What about your new shorts we just bought?" Ugh I thought with a roll of my eyes and instant return back to my closet. I had only bought white shorts to please him. Was I 100% on board with how they looked...nope! But for some reason, men have a thing for white shorts/white pants/white skirts. White wedding dresses... not so much. Anyway, I came back with them on and found a cute shirt to wear. I tried on some heels/open toed wedges for height, and I was still pouting. My sister-in-law noticed the tag still hanging from the shorts and ripped it right off- faster than our fave waxer Martine making our hoo-ha hair disappear. I stood shocked for a few minutes, and I realized I would not be returning them. With 20+ minutes gone by, I decided it was best to just go out there and smile.

Even though it took me a few moments (Ciroc Vanilla Vodka/pineapples) to snap out of it, I ended up having a great night. I even got a few compliments.

With Love From the West Coast,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo