Monday, June 20, 2011

Shopper's Delight


Although I love shopping for shoes, shopping in stores or at the mall is not my favorite thing to do. I would much rather shop online. Lately, I have only visited the mall when I needed a specific item- a dress for a wedding, a suit, or new workout clothes. This type of shopping is more of a chore than a pleasure for me. I feel like I am on the hunt for the perfect item...working against time and squeezing in quick trips to the stores without putting my best effort in. It is just a means to an end. I miss the good old days of going to the mall to buy the latest fad or look for boys. Back then a trip to the mall was an exciting event and not an obligation.

Well, last week I broke free of the mall monotony. While escaping the heat in Palm Desert and walking off a huge lunch, my husband and I went to the mall. As soon as we walked in, we checked out Express- a store we both love. I like waiting for those coupons in the mail that get you spending more than you planned. "Save $75.00 of a purchase of $200 or more." Okay...if you guys say so! Well, after eating so much, I was not really in the mood to try things on...I rarely am. However, a beautiful maxi dress caught my eye. I had wanted a long dress for ages, but the ones I usually like are black. Since I am making a conscious effort to wear more colors, my wardrobe was still lacking. I tried on two styles in two different sizes. When I put that thing on, I was transformed. A smile came across my face, and my husband said something like..."Wow! I can tell you really like how it looks. You have to get it." For the first time in a long time, I reveled in the shopping experience. Here I was just trying not to feel so bloated, and poof, I experienced a zen shopping moment. Even better...it was on sale! Now I just need to figure out what shoes to wear. Any suggestions?

With Love From the West Coast,

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo