Monday, March 7, 2011

On a Roll...

Sometimes I feel like I am drowning in a list of things to do. Things for work, chores at home, the gym (which is sadly one of the first things to go off my "to do" list when I feel overwhelmed), my beauty routine, grocery shopping, the cleaners, etc. However, nothing seems to plague me more than when I start to slip off my beauty routine. Keeping up with hair, nails, mustacular upper lips, eyebrows, etc. can be a challenge. I know once I start to slip a little, it is easy to feel the whole thing go to pot. Lately, though, I feel like I've got it all under control!

Part of this is due to my changing perspective. Life is dynamic and likes to keep it moving. I am also moving right along with it. I may not always have everything perfectly polished, but it is important to cut yourself some slack. We are much harder on ourselves than necessary. The things we pick apart are the things no one else is really paying much attention to. Even though my pedicure was done two weeks ago, my co-worker complimented it. I wisely accepted rather than point out the chips. Also, once you get the beauty momentum going, it is easy to keep it up and maintain. I took some "me" time yesterday and made a cup of tea and painted my nails. It was good to just relax and take some time out. We need to look at beauty as more of a treat or fun experiment rather than a duty or obligation. I can't help but smile as I look down and see my "Lincoln Park After Dark" nails clicking happily away on my laptop!

With Love From the West Coast,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo