Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Inside Out

As much as we love talking about fashion and beauty on the outside, today I wanted to share a few tips for the “inside.” No matter how good we look on the outside, if we are stressed or running ragged, it shows on the outside. I don’t know about you, but in today’s busy world it’s hard to slow down. Many of us have a lot on our plate, and learning to balance it all can be tricky and feel impossible. Here are a few tricks I have learned along the way:

1) Say “NO.” I know this seems easy but how many of us really do it? We keep taking on more and more, and then complain we have no time. We have to learn that it is ok the say “no” or “No thank you, but thanks for thinking of me; maybe next time,”as a simple and polite way of saying “no.”

2) Organization!! Find a system that works for you, whether it’s the calendar on your phone or your daily planner, learn to write it down. When you have it written down you can easily see what the day entails and create a game plan on how to best use your time to accomplish these tasks. When your day is winding down take a look at what tomorrow holds. I find I tend to make little notes of things I don’t want to forget, this way I don’t spend all night thinking, “I hope of don’t forget to do that.”

3) Time out! When you feel that overwhelming feeling approaching, just STOP. Take a deep breath and try to put things into perspective. Learn what helps you to stay calm, taking a walk, getting some fresh air, mediating. Try writing down what is overwhelming you; seeing it on paper may help you to put things into perspective. The issue may not be as big of a deal as you think.

4) Take Time for yourself. I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for an excuse for some “me” time. Whether it's having my quiet early Sunday morning coffee catching up on my TV shows, or creating my own Spa Day at home, taking time for yourself helps in rejuvenating your mind and body.

5) Stay Positive! I know this is another one that is easier said than done, but trying to have a positive outlook will help you when things get crazy.

Share with us how you handle this non-stop busy world, we would love to hear from you

With Love From the East Coast,
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo