Monday, February 14, 2011

Fall in Love...With Yourself

Over the last few days I have been thinking about a list to share- the top five things I love about myself. Coming up with five things seems like it would be easy, but after three, I had a hard time coming up with the remaining attributes. In a world of crazy media tricks, Photoshop, and unrealistic and ever changing beauty standards, it is important to love yourself. I guess what they say is true...you must love yourself first in order for others to love you. Here are my top five:
  1. My eyes- the color and the shape. As a bonus, when I cry or am really tired, they appear even greener...go figure!
  2. My thighs- after years and years of thinking they were too big and putting myself down, I have renewed appreciation for their shape and strength. I easily say "thank you" when someone pays them a compliment.
  3. My smarts- brains like these don't grow on trees! I know all kinds of odd trivia and am well traveled. I challenge anyone to a game of Jeopardy!
  4. My waist- I cannot lie...it is pretty small! Along with my frame, comes a smaller chest, but hey...it fits me!
  5. My patience- working with special education students has tested my patience and increased my patience. Waiting in long lines at the grocery store or being stuck in traffic is a breeze!
We at LBD challenge you to find your top five unique attributes! Appreciate your inner and outer beauty this Valentine's Day.

With Love From the West Coast,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo