Friday, January 28, 2011

Well, Excuuuuuuse Me!

Every once in a while people say things with good intentions, but they are not always taken that way. Here is what they say, and what I sometimes think in my head.
  • You look tired. Even worse when prefaced with "Wow" or "Gee."
Thanks for noticing, Sherlock.
  • I was going to buy that shirt/sweater/jacket, but I didn't.
Good, it's more my color anyway.
  • Did you get a haircut/did you do something to your hair?
No, but when I get it done tomorrow, I bet no one will notice.
  • Do those shoes make your feet hurt?
Of course, but I got your attention, didn't I?
  • You are too skinny/Are you pregnant?
Mind your business!
  • Did you spend time in the sun this weekend?
What, the burn/tan lines gave me away?

Obviously, this is all in good fun and family, spouses/significant others, and friends have more liberties than co-workers and strangers. Maybe just once I will fire a retort back just to watch the reaction.

Keep that sassy spirit alive!

With Love From the West Coast,

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo