Monday, December 27, 2010

Favorite Trends of 2010

As the year comes to end, here is a quick look at a few celebs who have managed to make some of my favorite 2010 trends look effortless.

I loved the military look this year! The fact that you can dress it up or down is an added bonus. I hope this trend continues through 2011.

Lace, Lace, Lace....This trend took some getting use to for me. But I grew to adore the soft feminineness of the look. I also enjoy pairing it with leather for more of an edgy look.

The tailored trouser is a classic in my opinion. This look can reappear as a trend anytime and still be a hit.

The skinny jean...This is a look I loved, but didn't really love me. I had the most difficult trying to rock this look. I am only 5'4'' with a few curves to me, so finding the right fit was a little difficult but thanks to Victoria Secrets Pencil jean I was back in the game.


Lions, Tigers and Bears...who can forget the animal print...Every time I opened a fashion magazine or turned on the style channels I was inundated with animal print. When put together properly was a fabulous look. However, I feel that this look in 2010 was a learning experience for some. For every successful look we saw, there were two that were not very successful.

Last but not least is a look that I refer to as "Mad Men." Whether you watch the show or not, you know the look. The look of the 1960s is a distinctive one. The women of Madison Ave had an air of confidence to them...they could cook, clean the house, take care of the kids ,shop all in the same dress and heels.

These are just a few of the trends in 2010 that I didn't mind seeing. I am looking forward to seeing what 2011 brings. What was your favorite look of the year? We here at LBD love hearing from you!

With Love From the East Coast,

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo