- Respond to a dinner party invitation within one week after receiving the invitation.
- Always arrive on time or even a few minutes early.
- Either leave the cell phone in the car or turn it off before entering the home, (of course if you left the kids with the sitter, bring the phone but put it on vibrate).
- Don't start eating before the host or hostess is seated and begins eating unless you are told to go ahead and start eating.
- Bringing a small gift for the host. This one always gets mixed reviews, personally I prefer to bring something, a bottle of wine for instance.
- When to exit the party? People don't always like to be the first or last one to leave the party. If you take cues from the host, you will learn to make the perfect exit.
Conversation Cheat Sheet:
- Movies and TV: What have you seen lately? Do you follow any reality shows or series?
- Start a conversation about the food.
- Sports. Even if your not a sports fan, brush up a little before the party.
- How is the family?
- Compliments, everyone loves a compliment. May I ask where you got that__I love it?
Keep these in mind and you will surely be invited back.
With Love From the East Coast,