Thursday, July 29, 2010

Guilty As Charged/ A Simple "Thank You" Would Do

Why is it every time a co-worker comments on my new shoes or blouse, I feel the need to blurt out: "I got them on clearance at Target!" A good find is a good find, and a girl cannot always reveal her secrets. I need to learn to say "thank you" and then zip my lips. If my peer then asks for details about my purchase, I will of course gladly divulge them.

Along the same lines, I am guilty of turning the sweetest compliment into a fault. I know this drives my husband crazy, and it is something I need to work on. Just the other day my boss complimented me on a shirt I was wearing. Even though I did thank her, I felt the need to tack on- "I like it too, but a button is missing." Why, oh, why do I do this? Why would I point out an obvious flaw? We need to accept our greatness and talents with a warm smile and gracious "thank you." I don't know about you, but I want to keep those compliments coming!

xoxo,

Michelle

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”--William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo