Saturday, February 8, 2014

Look of the Day: High Waisted Pencil Skirt

The next few outfit posts were inspired by a close friend's struggle with packing (well, overpacking) for an upcoming vacation. I absolutely love it and am flattered by the fashion questions that come from my girlfriends and their famous dressing room shots with the captions, "Does this look good?" or "Can I wear this with that?". I've dedicated my future looks that show how to simplify the packing process without sacrificing style. The trick is to choose double duty pieces, whether that be shoes, jewelry or even a jean short. This can be difficult.Trust me, I know...I'd like a suitcase for shoes alone!

This white gauzy top by Mine can be worn with this curve-accentuating Soprano pencil skirt for a dinner out or paired with jean shorts to the beach (bikini underneath, of course). I chose these neutral leopard printed DVF "Opal" wedges that go with everything!  Yes, everything!!! If you're skeptical about mixing prints, start with this combo. Usually I would suggest a nude strappy sandal, but when you know you're going to be doing some walking with sand and pebbles underfoot, go with something a little sturdier.  Flat sandals would work here too.  However, for the bum bum's sake wear the wedges!





 
 
Tory Burch Bombe Reva Clutch

 

Accessories: SL Designs Shark Tooth Necklace layered with my Kate Spade Say Yes "Ohh la la" necklace (Gilt.com, DVF wedges from Gilt.com too)| Ralph Lauren Earrings, Flower Ring & Bracelet (TJ Maxx)| Target Aviators

With Love & Sunshine,

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo