Being Charitable is Always Fashionable
One of Lotus Blossom Design's 2012 goals was to give back; we have done our research and have decided upon one organization that has really touched our hearts.
We have dedicated 2012 to raise awareness and funds for the "My Stuff Bags Foundation"
We are very excited to be helping out the "My Stuff Bags Foundation". My Stuff Bags provides hope and comfort for children who have been rescued from terrible situations of abuse and neglect. Most of these children are removed quickly from their homes and brought to a strange place with nothing but the clothes on their back. All of their belongings that make them feel safe are left behind. The My Stuff Bag Foundation provides each child with a blue duffel bag containing a variety of brand new items from stuffed animals, toys, books, games, toiletries to most importantly a soft cuddly “security blanket.”
My Stuff Bags Foundation was established in 1998 to address the physical and emotional needs of rescued children. Crisis centers and shelters are profoundly grateful for My Stuff Bags and how they help children transition into new surroundings. We are very excited to dedicate this year to helping them.
So how do we help?
1) It costs around $25.00 to provide a My Stuff Bag; our goal here at LBD is to help provide 100 bags. You can make a donation by clicking here in the comment section please state: Lotus Blossom Design Project.
2) You can donate “Stuff” as well. To get a list of eligible items click here, again please mark it Lotus Blossom Design Project. We have a few volunteers who have offered to place a basket at their local church and/or workplace to collect “Stuff”. Items can be shipped or delivered to My Stuff Bags Foundation in Westlake Village California. If you are interested in doing this please contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org
3) We also created a beautiful bracelet and throughout 2012, 50% of the profits from this bracelet will be donated to the My Stuff Bags Foundation. You can purchase the bracelet http://www.alotusblossomdesign.com/ .
4) You can also make a “no sew” security blanket. To donate click here for details.
5) We are also in the process of creating a few fundraising events…details to follow.
6) Spread the word. We know that in today’s tough times giving may not be an option right now, but we would love for you to help us raise awareness or volunteer time to this organization. You can find them on Facebook.
With Love from Lotus Blossom Design Team!