I am always obsessed with beauty tips. Since I love random facts of knowledge, this makes perfect sense. As I was de-stressing at work and looking through Glo on MSN, I found some really neat tips that I thought I would pass on.
- Rather than reconstruct a broken eyeshadow with a drop of alcohol and a piece of fabric (don't ask me how), it is much easier to break up the remaining parts and save them in a little container. I can't tell you how many times I have thrown away broken make up! Patting it on top of a cream base with a shadow brush can really make the color pop. These from the container store are a great choice- http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10026874&N=&Nao=40&Ntt=stacking+pillboxes
- The biggest mistake you can make is plumping your mascara since this creates air pockets that leads to clumps. The best bet is to wipe wands once a week with tissue. Speaking of mascara, I have fallen in love with Voluminous Million Lashes by L'Oreal.
- If your favorite lipstick is broken, scoop what you can and place in container. Blow dry until it melts. After it settles, place in freezer for an hour and you have your own palette!
- To get the most out of your aging nail polish, add a few jobs of nail polish thinner and shake.
- Always keep caps on wooden pencils. If traveling with them, put a rubber band around them.
- Always keep bands or tips on tweezers. This will maintain the tension and allow you to get those stubborn hairs. Tweezerman offers lifetime sharpening! My mother has the best gold tweezers by them, and she has used them for years!
- Keep a light fragrance for day and another sexier scent for night. On those rough mornings, put on your night fragrance. Just the scent of it will remind you of dancing and reveling. My new favorite scent is Gucci Guilty Intense...so lovely!
With Love From the West Coast,XOXO