Monday, November 14, 2011

Am I Glowing Yet?!

I was going to wait a few more weeks, but I just keep the secret any longer. I am 11 weeks prego, and could not wait to share the news with our followers! Being pregnant is bringing about a few unique changes, and although I could point out the crazy and weird things that go on, the beautiful things are way better!

Now that I don't feel like passing out on the couch after work, I am appreciating feeling like myself again. Going out with Ms. SoCal and company on Saturday was a blast. I appreciate the compliments on my green Mango dress (and easily accepted them) and found that going without Spanx (go figure) made the dress not as tight. Since I did not have time to look for a new dress, my choices were limited, but I think this helped me get ready. I am also not so critical on my body. It is much easier to look at the whole picture rather than focus on my body in separate components. The hormones are also working to add a few pounds, which have so far, gone to all the right places. There is a unique network of veins mapping their way across my chest and abdomen, and yes, I am starting to feel more of a "glow" than a nauseated. It is empowering to walk around stores with a secret that no one knows about. My hair is thicker and my nails are stronger. It is so amazing to see the body's form and function working at its best. Although this is how I feel now, I have no clue how I will feel toward the end of May! I will have to keep you posted. Once I start showing a little more, I can't wait to share some of my Looks of the Day. You know Ms. SoCal already hooked me up with some of her adorable "maternity" (not really) dresses!

With Love From the West Coast,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo