Monday, August 1, 2011

Uncomfortable...

Nothing screams insecure like rocking a shirt around your waist while jogging or wearing an over sized T-shirt over your bathing suit. As the temperatures continue to climb, it's too hot for all of that! Plus, these types of stylings only draw attention to what you are trying to hide/think you need to hide. There are so many wonderful fabrics out there to make you feel comfortable and let your confidence shine.

I am all for running on the treadmill, but after years of working out, I am very aware of my body and what it feels like. After shying away from spandex pants, I have fallen in love with them over the past 3 years. A good pair will stay in place, hold you in, and avoid that awkward readjustment when you think no one is looking. I truly love lululemon run inspire crop pants. Yes, they are pricey, but they are so worth it! They are made of 4-way stretch power luxtreme™ fabric for 'no bounce' muscle support & quick drying, wicking capabilities. I love "muscle support"...what clever marketing! Seriously, though, these pants are killer and lift your ASSets while keeping everything nice and snug.

With so many wonderful bathing suits out there, there is something for everybody. I think I only know two people who love to buy bathing suits. It is usually not a particularly enjoyable task, but I don't think anyone needs to be in a pool or in the ocean with a T-shirt and basketball shorts over their swimsuits. Living in San Diego, I have seen this in guys and gals, young and old, big, small and even "smedium" sizes. It literally hurts my heart. People don't realize they are drawing more attention to themselves. For me, water and the ocean are especially freeing and almost magical. I thank my dearest momma for putting me in the pool and teaching me to swim at an early age. For my parents for waking up super early, packing delicious snacks, and making the 1.5 hour drive to the beach that always felt like an eternity. There is nothing like floating in salty ocean waters and letting a little wave take you away. The experience is greatly hindered by unnecessary clothing! Get a little Cuervo Gold courage if you need to, but whatever you do, next time I see your ass at the beach, you better be rocking a suit and rocking it proud.

With Love From the West Coast,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo