Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Look of the Day: First Day of School


I was very excited to get my first day of teaching off on the right foot. Just like my classroom gets a makeover, I also try to give my wardrobe a boost.
The shirt was a recent purchase to add a splash of color and fun to my day ($25, XOXO, JCPenney). Since there are small, white beads stitched around the neckline, I did not wear a necklace, but I debated back and forth. The black skirt is one of my favorite wardrobe staples ($50, Express). To add some funk, I added my favorite LBD chandelier earrings ($8/http://alotusblossomdesign.shopping.officelive.com/Earrings.aspx). The crazy, beaded black ring was $4 from Charlotte Russe!

My Aldo ankle strap wedges ($45) that were oh so kindly bought by Ms. SoCal. Everyone at work always asks how I can wear heels all the time, but when I do wear flats all I hear is, "Wow, you look short!" I usually arrive and leave work in flip flops.

Here is a better look at the ring and LBD earrings. The mug was a gift from my husband...haha! My day does not get off to a good start unless that mug is filled with crack coffee.

With Love From the West Coast,
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo