- For bigger, sexier eyes, skip black eyeliner. Go for a colored liner or even slate to line and define your upper lash line. Now, swipe a shimmery white shadow onto your inner corners in a sideways V shape to catch light, which widens eyes. Finally, make nice with your eyelash curler. Crimping the top lash line angles hairs so tips are closer to your brows, expanding the entire eye area. Immediately lock in the curve with two coats of lengthening mascara.
- For plush, pillowy lips- grab a colorless lip balm with shimmer, and apply it to the skin just above your cupid's bow — the area below your nose and between the peaks of your top lip. Adding light to that area creates the illusion of larger lips. Then apply a moisturizing lipstick or gloss. Top the look off with a swipe of the shimmery balm on the center of your bottom lip.
- Flawless looking skin- always use a concealer brush to apply cover-up to any pimples, making short, quick motions, like you're spackling. Why a brush? The tapered bristles can get into the crevices of a blemish better than your fingers can. Set everything in place with a skin-tone matching powder. I want to check out the new Fit Me line from Maybelline!
- Killer Cheekbones- to make round cheeks look more chiseled, you'll need a highlighting powder and a bronzer that's two shades darker than your skin tone. Make a fish face, and dust the bronzer on the hollows of your cheeks. Smile, then brush the highlighter from the apples of your cheeks to your temples.
- Uniform Brows- If you've tried filling in a brow scar without much luck, try tinted waxes or creams instead of pencils and fine powders. Choose one in a shade that matches your brows, and make short, light strokes in the direction of hair growth. Finish by blending color through the entire brow (not just the bald spot) for an even, believable shape. I really love the line by Anastasia.
With Love From the West Coast,