Thursday, November 11, 2010

Knockin' the Boots

Walking around in beautiful Balboa Park today I really enjoyed taking in the architecture and natural beauty. It was also a great day to people watch and check out the latest trends or interpretation of trends. I was amazed by how many different ways I saw boots being rocked. Some I really loved, but some I kind of cringed out. But good news...I did not see a single pair of Uggs!


I really love pairing cognac boots with blues or even black. There is something eye catching about the color contrast. My personal favorite is leggings or tights with tall, sexy boots. There was plenty of this to be seen. I saw a short gray jersey dress paired with light brown boots. Something seemed amiss about this. The dress was a little on the short side, and the boots did not seem to be the right height to complement the look. On the other hand, I saw a shorter black dress with over the knee boots. This look I loved! I had to do a sneaky double-take to stash in my memory's fashion file. There were plenty of stylish booties, open and closed toe. This only made me miss the booties I previously blogged about and never snatched up. I was too wishy-washy, and when I went back, they were gone! It was a beautiful day, and it made my day to know I fit in just right with my own little black suede booties.

With Love From the West Coast,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo