Thursday, November 4, 2010

Are We Too Hard on Ourselves?

Even as I glance back at the title, I already know the answer to this. I am not sure why we judge ourselves so harshly. I know I truly am my own worst critic. I woke up yesterday feeling exhausted and did not put much thought into my outfit (I should take after Gina and plan ahead!). By the time I got to work, I wanted to hide under a rock. My outfit was blah, my grays were really standing out, and I had a fabulous new zit on my face. When I really think about it, all these problems have solutions and are not permanent. But when I am in the moment, I can't help but think how "tired" or (gasp) "ugly" I look. Typing these words now seems silly. I am far from "ugly" and even had trouble typing it. I hear comments from friends or relatives, and I realize how crazy they sound, yet I follow suit. Just the other day my dear friend said some harsh words about her body. When I look at her, all I see is how absolutely beautiful she is, inside and out- strong, sassy, fierce, intelligent, gorgeous.

Along the same lines, I feel like I am constantly struggling to keep up with my beauty routine. My grays may be covered, but my eyebrows are due for a threading, or my feet and hands may be manicured, but I need a facial. It is just way too easy to focus on the negatives! Even though I try to have my look together all the time, this may not always happen, and that is okay. There are lots of great tricks out there to help you glam up in no time!

You can cover stray grays with eyeshadow. Find a color close to your natural hair color and wet the brush before applying. You could also try Roux 'Tween Time. This temporary haircolor applies like lipstick- http://store.hello-gorgeous.net/rotwtihatost.html. A great way to a fast French manicure is the 2-in-1 Nail White Pencil by Sally Hansen. Wash hands and apply lotion. Wet the tip of the pencil and run under your nail. You can keep it in your purse for a quick touch up! http://www.sallyhansen.com/. A touch of white eyeliner or eyeshadow on the inner corners of eyes adds an instant spark. Benefit's Eye Bright also gets the job done- http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1278&categoryId=B70

Even though we may get overwhelmed, it is important to take in all in stride. Keeping a positive attitude and finding creative and savvy solutions to our beauty dilemmas only makes us more beautiful! We are always looking for more beauty tips. We would love to hear your expert advice!

With Love From the West Coast,

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo