Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Holistic Body Movement

"If only someone had told me the body I loathed in my twenties would be the body I wistfully longed for in my thirties!"

This quote from Normal is just a Setting on the Dryer by Adair Lara cannot resonate any clearer. I smirk, sigh, and shake my head when I think back to how many years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds I must have wasted scrutinizing my body and focusing on my "flaws." Your body is a container for your soul...cherish it, love it, honor it, and work it! Be the best, healthiest version of you. Here are some ways to start celebrating!
  • Get comfortable in your skin. Walk around the house in lingerie, a bikini, or nothing at all!

  • Brainstorm at least of ten wonderful attributes and really believe them. Make this list visible, and let this be your daily mantra.

  • Re-examine your closet. Give away anything you have not worn within the year. Assess what key items you are missing or need more of. Update your wardrobe with funky pieces of jewelry or a killer, new blazer.

  • Have at least 3 "go to" outfits. These should be outfits you love and really feel your best in. I have one for work, one for going out, and one for a casual day. This way I do not spend time agonizing over what to wear when I am crunched for time.

  • Realize the magic and miracle of Photoshop as seen in your favorite fashion magazines.

By NO means EVER compare yourself to anyone else. I will never have long legs, but this only gives me more cause to love my shapely, muscular legs...and more reasons to buy stilettos!


Love from the West Coast,


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo