Thursday, August 12, 2010

Flyin' High

Happy Thursday...the weekend is just around the corner! As I prepare for vacation and time off work, I find my apartment in a state of organized chaos. Clothes are laid out in possible outfit combinations and shampoo and lotions are being siphoned into smaller, travel friendly containers. Since I always end up buying new shoes and clothes, I like to save room in my suitcase for new purchases. Usually, my packing dilemma occurs when I try to pack too many shoes. Now, I choose my "must wear" shoes and build my outfits around them. This way I do not overload my suitcase and have room for all my new finds!


Since I usually fly the red eye, here is my must have flight essentials:


  • Warm, fuzzy slipper socks

  • A cute, yet comfortable outfit. I just can't seem to wear sweats on a plane. You never know who you will see!

  • My travel pillow

  • Gossip mags and the book I never seem able to finish

  • Mouthwash, gum, and mint flavored gloss (Victoria's Secret one is my fav.)

  • Scented hand lotion and face lotion (I love Dr. Grandel's Phyto Care)- The airplane really does a number on my skin, and hydration is key!

  • Bottled water...I usually buy the biggest one I can find after I am through security.

  • Evian mister- This mist makes my skin have a dewy glow and refreshes my skin after a frustrating red eye night's sleep.

  • Eye drops

  • Q-tips to touch up eye make-up smudges

  • Eyeliner, mascara, and loose powder

  • Xanax...even though I am tempted to sip on an icy gin & tonic, alcohol's dehydrating effects are multiplied while in flight.

Share with us your best travel and packing tips. We love hearing from you!


With love from the West Coast,


xoxo


1 comment:

  1. A must have for me is an assortment of mood filled music! Entertaining my sensual pleasures through melodic rhythms always does the trick in making time fly by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment we love hearing from you xo